I have been searching the internet
for a black pocket chart and couldn't
find anything! Several people suggested
spray painting...that didn't work for me!
Several people suggested using black RIT
dye and it worked! I used a blue Wal-Mart
pocket chart and cut a small slit in the bottom
to take out the plastic rod.
First I got the water very hot as the
directions stated for nylon. I used two
large pots of almost boiling water and
a 5 gallon bucket. I poured in a cup of
vinegar, again as the directions stated.
I put the pocket chart in and stirred it.
I used an ice cream bucket filled with
water to weigh the chart down. I stirred
and readjusted many, many times and left it
in overnight. The readjusting is necessary
to get inside the pockets. Use gloves! I didn't
and had to use diluted bleach to get my hands
clean! Rinse in cold water and hang to dry!
The pockets came out clear!
The dye didn't dye the plastic!
Here it is again because I am so happy
with how it turned out!!!
Many of you know I am getting 30
1st graders this year...
so in an effort to simplify,
I am getting rid of classroom jobs...kind of!
I will have 2 assistants a day,
which I will switch daily.
Except for the line leader.
That is always the star of the week!
I will take a picture of the kids on
the first day of school, print, laminate and
add velcro for easy changing daily!
Two small pictures should fit on the chart!
Click the picture for your freebie!
I thought I should mention the
rocking chair and stool as well!
I spent 4 days stripping the old
stuff off that rocking chair!
What a chore! I saw a similar chair
on Pinterest and knew I wanted it!
I painted the stool and my desk chair
to match. I have been switching from
primary colors to pink and lime green.
Time is running out and I might not
get everything switched before school
starts, such as baskets and my frames
for self-portraits that hang on a wall.
I hope I can live with the mixed color
scheme if I don't get it done!
Thanks for stopping by!