Saturday, December 8, 2012

Ready, Set, ACTION! Verbs that is!

Here's just a few of the verb activities
we have been doing! 
Keep reading for a FUN activity one of my cuties
invented the other day!
Brainstorming Verbs

Sure wish I could make my charts adorable like the ones
all over the teacher blog world and pinterest!




We did our Gingerbread Unit and this product
from Christie at First Grade Fever
was PERFECT!




Click here to get her FREEBIE!





On the last day of our Gingerbread Man unit,
guess who we finally found?!?!
There he was sitting in our hallway! 
He even left Gingerbread Men for us to eat as our
first batch of Little Debbie Gingerbread Men were sadly
destroyed earlier in the week in a science experiment,
"What happens when the Gingerbread Man gets wet?"
*Note the Missing posters in the background!
These posters were hung all over our elementary.


Check out the  missing poster and a
 couple of other freebies in my tpt store! 
 Check them out
here , here, and here!




 





Maybe I should have put them all into one product, huh?!?!



Anyway, one last plug for the
Gingerbread Man and my products!

Click here for a narrative writing activity!




NOW to the fun activity my student created!
We watched this youtube video on verbs.


(Sounds like Dr. Jean??)


My student then says, "Hey!  I have a game for us! 
We can get with a partner and take turns
clapping and saying:

Student 1
How about you?
What can you do?

Student 2
I can (insert verb)


It was a BLAST!  
They do the clapping and actions , just like in the video! 
They loved it and my student was so proud he invented it!









2 comments:

  1. It sounds like y'all have been up to lots of fun! Thank you for sharing the great *freebies*! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do!!! THANK YOU for following me!!! I am new to this and it is quite a learning experience!

    ReplyDelete