Friday, March 7, 2014

Fish Estimation & Dr. You Know Who


http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2014/03/the-first-freebie-friday-in-march.html       Classroom Freebies Manic Monday


Do you have an estimation station?
I recently started mine with this activity.
It is free in the preview file here.






I forgot to take a picture of our estimating
and the math activity we do after.
It is by Jen Ross from Teacher by the Beach.
I was unable to find the product on TpT to link to it.


Fish Math


Most kids guessed 100 or 120 fish in our




One child guessed 300 so he won the prize
for being the closest.

A package of Swedish Fish!



Afterwards, I wondered why I didn't buy a 
small carton of Goldfish crackers to give
as the prize?!




There were actually 500 fish in it, give or take.
Obviously we need some work at estimating!

I counted how many went in the scoop
and then just multiplied by number of scoops.


A few pics from our week.
I forgot to take pictures most days.




A visit from the Cat in the Hat!



Oobleck




Who Hair



Treats!






Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fun week! Even though the kids need work with estimation, I am sure they learned a lot from the experience. Hands on learning is so much fun!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete