Friday, April 5, 2013

A Bad Case of Stripes, Five for Friday & Friday Flashback!



It's Friday...it's Friday...it's Friday!
I am doing a little happy dance!
Read on to see what we have been
up to this week!


fiveforfriday  

1. Well, I thought I found the link to this recipe on
Amanda's blog from Teaching Maddeness.
Went back to check and couldn't find the post.
Anyway, it is called Cinnamon Toast-The Right Way.
It is baked then broiled.
It is from The Pioneer Woman.
I tried it.  It was time consuming.
It was good. It isn't soggy 
like regular cinnamon toast.
Will I ever make it again?
NO!
Due to time consuming issue.....





2. Quite awhile ago we studied American
symbols.  We learned all about the
Statue of Liberty. Click here to see that post!
Anyway....our vinegar and copper pennies
finally reacted to each other! 
This is what we got!

LOVE SCIENCE!


3. Our caterpillars arrived this week!
Always a first grade favorite!
We officially begin studying them 
next week.  We will journal big changes.


These caterpillars came with more stuff 
than previous caterpillars!


4. We went on a field trip to watch
a musical production of 
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs.
The kiddos voted the wolf
NOT GUILTY
and he went free!



5. We read A Bad Case of Stripes,
(actually watched it on storylineonline)
tried lima beans and wrote stories
about if we woke up striped.
(The fruit was from our nutrition lady.
She came the day we went on our
field trip.  Ooops...guess who forgot
to tell her we would be gone....)



Sure wish I had a freebie for you all!
My new software has been ordered!


Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. Love that you had the kiddos try lima beans - that's one of our favorite books! Have a nice weekend!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that French Toast does look amazing though! Super fun week!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to try a new food! I might have to try that:) Sounds like a fun week.

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pioneer Woman's cinnamon toast!! I would make it all the time, but then I eat the entire stick of butter and half a loaf of bread.

    Where did you get your butterfly kit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, that toast looks delish girl! I may have to make that :) And I am so jealous of your field trip! We are going to be going to the circus later this month and I cannot wait! I'm so happy for you that your new software is on its way! WOO HOO!

    Love ya girl!
    Khrys
    Keepin’ It Kool In KinderLand

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love A Bad Case of Strips. I haven't thought to feed my kiddos Lima beans after reading it. I read it in the beginning of the year. Hopefully, I will remember this idea!

    Dawn
    Adventures in First with Mrs. Key

    ReplyDelete